Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Who'll sing with me today?

The Curious Quilter has done it again...more fun songs to share with you.

Let Me Sew! Sung to the tune of Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Oh the pattern I’ve picked is striking,
The fabric to my liking,
It’s washed and all set to go.
Let me sew! Let me sew! Let me sew!

I intend to have fun while cutting,
My skills I will be strutting.
On to piecing I’ll gladly go,
Let me sew! Let me sew! Let me sew!

When I’m finished with this new quilt,
On some old UFO’s I will start.
But for now I will feel no guilt,
I’m happy to practice my art.

My seams I will soon be pressing,
My blocks will be progressing.
My smile, how it will glow.
Let me sew! Let me sew! Let me sew!


Joy to the World! Sung to the tune of Joy to the World!
 
Joy to the World, the gifts are done!
I sewed for several months.
Beneath our Christmas tree
Wrapped gifts as you can see.
There’s mug rugs for my friend,
An apron for Aunt Den,
And doll clothes I made for someone’s Barbie and Ken!

Joy to the World, it’s gifting time!
Let friends and families share.
That fabric full of geese
I quilted for my niece.
I hope she’ll like it a lot,
I think she’ll like it a lot,
I know, I know—she’ll like it lots!

Joy to the World, they’re finally here!
I’m ready for their hugs.
The toddlers look so fine
In hand-stitched clothes—divine!
Eight quilted gifts I see
Waiting underneath my tree.
Tomorrow, tomorrow I’ll sew for me!

 
* * * * * Living with Purpose * * * * *
John 1 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 comment: